Tower Pro 180 Degree Metal Gear Servo (MG996R)
The MG996R Digital Servo from TowerPro features all metal gearing resulting in 10kg torque and 55g weight! The MG996R is essentially an upgraded version of the famous MG995 servo, and features upgraded shock-proofing and a redesigned PCB and IC control system that make it much more accurate than its predecessor. The gearing and motor have also been upgraded to improve dead bandwith and centering!
This is a custom made version of the MG996R servo, which can rotate 180 degrees (90 in each direction). You can use any servo code, hardware or library to control these servos, so it's great for beginners who want to make stuff move without building a motor controller with feedback & gear box, especially since it will fit in small places.
The unit comes complete with 15cm wire and 3 pin 'S' type female header connector that fits most receivers, including Futaba, JR, GWS, Cirrus, Blue Bird, Blue Arrow, Corona, Berg, Spektrum and Hitec.
Towerpro Servo's comes with a selection of arms and hardware to get you set up nice and fast!
- MG996R High Speed Torque Digital Servo with Metal Gearing
- Genuine TowerPro Product
- Includes Selection of Horns and Screws for Different Application - See Picture for Details.
- Operating Voltage : 4.8 to 7.2V
- Operating Temperature Range: 0℃ to 55℃
- Operating Speed: 60/0.17 degree/second (No Load @ 4.8V)
- Operating Speed: 60/0.14 degree/second (No Load @ 6.0V)
- Stall Torque: 9.4 kg/cm @ 4.8V
- Stall Torque: 12 kg/cm @ 6V
- Running Current 500mA - 900mA @ 6V
- Stall Current 2.5A @ 6V
- Gear Type: All Metal Gears
- Stable and Shock Proof Double Ball Bearing Design
- 30cm Wire Assembled
- Weight : 55g
- Red: Battery Positive
- Brown: Battery Negative
- Orange: Signal
To control with an Arduino, we suggest connecting the orange control
wire to pin 9 or 10 and using the Servo library included with the
Arduino IDE (Example Sketch). Position "0" (1.5ms pulse) is middle, "90" (~2ms pulse) is all the way
to the right, "-90" (~1ms pulse) is all the way to the left.